As we get closer to the date of the event, members may wish to sell their tickets due to their plans changing. Since Harvest is not involved in that transaction, it’s super important to ensure you take every precaution to ensure you’re not dealing with a scammer or scalper. Here is a step-by-step guide to avoid issues.
TICKET HOLDERS WHO WISH TO SELL THEIR TICKET
1. Ensure you have the ACTUAL ticket, not just the code. This will be either a physical (“Hard”) ticket or an e-ticket (PDF with QR code). If you have a screenshot or printed copy of the e-ticket, that’s ok too. People usually want something for their money, but this is also essential for a smooth-running gate.
2. Join the Harvest Festival Ticket Exchange private group on Facebook. You’ll be asked, “Are you looking to sell your ticket(s)?”. Choose the FIRST option that says “Yes, I have tickets and am looking for someone to buy them” and agree to the group rules before submitting your request to join.
3. An admin will look up your name in the ticket database to ensure you are a valid ticketholder. If your Facebook profile is not the same name as the one that was used to activate the ticket, an admin will DM you to get more information.
4. Once approved, create a post indicating the type and number of tickets. For example, “Selling 2x Tier 1 tickets and 1 RV Ticket.” Tickets are not to be sold for any more than face value (plus fees).
- 2020 tickets all-in: $273.00 (Tier 1), $296.00 (Tier 2).
- 2022 tickets all-in: $325.00
- 2022 RV tickets all-in: $196.62
5. The admin will comment on your post to indicate that you are a legit ticket holder. You will likely get an offer within minutes. If it’s a hard ticket or you want cash, you may wish to arrange an in-person meetup.
6. Collect payment from the buyer.
7. Send the buyer the PDF or, if in-person, give them the physical (“hard”) ticket.
8. Reset the activation on the ticket so the buyer can proceed to activate it for themselves.
IMPORTANT: Seller needs to check THEIR inbox and click the link in the email to confirm the reset BEFORE the buyer will get the notification to activate it for themselves.
Note: This step only applies to Festival Tickets, not RV passes. RV passes do not get activated. Once you send them the email with the PDF that has the QR code on it, that’s it, it’s theirs.
9. Delete your post in the ticket exchange group.
Looking to buy a ticket from a ticketholder
1. Join the Harvest Festival Ticket Exchange private group on Facebook. You’ll be asked “Are you looking to sell your ticket(s)?”. Choose the SECOND option that says “No, I am looking to buy tickets from a ticket holder” and agree to the group rules before submitting your request to join.
2. If an admin hasn’t already commented on a seller’s post, tag Blair Sutherland and he’ll look up the seller to validate they are legit.
3. Make an arrangement with and pay the seller (cash meetup, EMT, PayPal, etc.). See above for face values (not to be exceeded).
4. Get the PDF ticket with QR code from the seller. If they got it from someone else without the PDF, have the seller reach out to the person they bought it from.
5. ACTIVATE YOUR TICKET to the person that’s going to use it (not all to the same person). Do it now. Don’t wait until you’re up on the land kicking yourself for not doing it sooner when you had signal.
6. Delete your post in the ticket exchange group. If you want to celebrate, by all means make a post in the Harvest Festival public Facebook group.